- Practice Commenced: 1995
- Total Mediations (as of Aug 2019): 1500
- Total Arbitrations (as of Aug 2019): 60
Mr. Latham is included in the Directory of Mediators published by the Mississippi State Bar. In addition to the minimum training required for inclusion in that Directory, Mr. Latham has successfully completed the 40-hour mediation training at Duke University as required by the rules of the Supreme Court of North Carolina and the advanced mediation training conducted by the Association of Attorney-Mediators and is an approved neutral for the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Divisions of Mississippi.
In 2005, Mr. Latham completed Harvard Law School's Program of Instruction for Lawyers' Mediation Project consisting of 40 hours of advance mediation training conducted by Professor Frank Sander, Michael K. Lewis and Linda R. Singer.
In 2009, Mr. Latham withdrew from Latham & Burwell to allow him to focus his time and direct his practice exclusively to ADR. Mr. Latham accepts engagements to serve as a neutral mediator in select cases, completing in excess of 1,500 mediations since the initiation of his mediation practice in 2003. Larry is one of the region's preeminent mediators of complex civil disputes. He is on the forefront of the development of mediation in Mississippi.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Native American
- Natural Disasters
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of Mississippi (J.D. 1969)
- University of Mississippi (B.A. 1965)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member in good standing, Mississippi Bar Association.
- Past Treasurer and President, Mississippi Trial Lawyers' Association.
- "AV" rating, Martindale-Hubbell since 1988.
- Designated as leading commercial litigator by Chambers USA, 2004 and various years thereafter.
- Recognized for mediation in Chambers USA.
- Included in 2010 Best Lawyers in America in ADR and Commercial Litigation and in ADR for 2011.
- Fellow, Mississippi Bar Foundation.
- Member of Lamar Order, University of Mississippi School of Law.
Inquire for case specific rates.