Academy Member Inducted 2022Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2003
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2023): 250
- MEMPHIS-FORREST CITY
Mr. Obert is a Talladega, Alabama native, who grew up in the Memphis, Tennessee and North Mississippi areas. He is the primary litigation attorney for the Firm, practicing in all areas of the Firm’s civil trial and litigation practice. His defense practice is concentrated primarily in the defense of vehicular accidents and premises related claims, products liability, toxic torts, insurance subrogation, insurance agent errors and omissions defense, direct insurance carrier actions, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims and insurance coverage disputes. Keith is admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi, including the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and is also admitted to practice in most State and Federal Courts in both Alabama and Tennessee. He has been a Certified Mediator since 2003 and is a frequent lecturer on Continuing Legal Education topics relating to such areas as civil trial practice, automobile accident litigation, expert witness depositions, insurance and ethics, throughout Mississippi and the Mid-South and Southeastern Regions, including in Little Rock, Arkansas, Birmingham, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee and Memphis, Tennessee.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Natural Disasters
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - University of Alabama - 1984
- Juris Doctorate - University of Mississippi - 1988
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Member of the Defense Research and Trial Lawyers Association
- Member the Automobile Law Committee of the Torts and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, and the Mississippi Claims Association.
- Past President, Vice-President and Treasurer of the Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Past Director for the Mississippi Bar Association-Young Lawyers Division
- Director for the Hinds County Bar Association
- Chairman of the Membership Services Committee
- Co-Editor of the Business Law Section Newsletter
- Served as Chairman of the Public Relations Committee and Nominations and Awards Committees of The Mississippi Bar-YLD.
- Fellow of the Mississippi Young Lawyers
- Served as President of the Fellows in 2013-2014
- Listed in Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys
- Selected by Who’s Who in American Law for several years beginning in 2000-2001.
- In July, 2001, he was awarded the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award by the Mississippi Bar Association.
- Received his mediation certification from the University of Mississippi Center for Continuing Legal Education in 2003, and actively mediates dozens of civil litigation matters throughout Mississippi and Tennessee each year.
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell.
- Top Five Percent (5%) of Professionals
- Enjoys a 10/10 rating on AVVO Legal Ratings and Reviews
- Recognized for the last several years as a SuperLawyer in the publication, Mid-South SuperLawyers, in the area of Personal Injury General-Defense.